When I began thinking
about the A to Z challenge, I thought for a long time about what I wanted to
write. I tried to think of ways to find neat things about the English language
with each letter. And then I thought, what if that letter didn’t exist? So I am
doing an abbreviated version of my Life Lessons series that I normally do on
Fridays, but without using the letter of the day. What would life be like
without that letter? Let’s find out...
![]() |
| Daddy at the lake with the kids. |
It is not unusual for my husband to be caught piling all
three of the them into his lap in the big recliner because they are arguing
about who gets to snuggle with daddy next. I am eternally grateful that they
are so close to their daddy. It sets the foundation for important relationships
later in life. But I get a little jealous of the showered affection sometimes.
Last night, though, it was my turn. And all it took was a
bowl of popcorn.
I was engulfed in one of those attacks of the Must-Eats.
Some people call them munchies. When I get like that, I pop popcorn. It’s
better than inhaling an entire bag of chips or half the box of fudge bars. My
kids also like popcorn.
I sat in the chair, propped my feet up, and found my lap
full of wriggling bodies intent on snagging my snack. I enjoyed each second.
The best part was when, after all the popcorn was gone and I set the bowl
aside, my eldest stayed in my lap. She snuggled up to me and finished the
Mythbusters episode. I don’t get that often.
So beware of the big green monster lest he consume your judgment
and make you forget those cherished moments when you and God munched from the
same popcorn bowl.
I thought I was going
to need to do a post with as many V words as possible until I realized just how
easy it was to write with the letter V. Leaving out words such as have and very
are much more difficult. Check out other A to Z participants using the link
below.


wonderful post and message :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lynn!
DeleteA great message we all should remember. Can't believe the A-Z challenge is almost over, but I'm glad I made it to your blog to say howdy before it was over, anyway. Matter of fact, I think I'll sign on as your newest follower, so I can come back and say howdy again when the challenge is kaput. Nice to meetcha. I really appreciate your positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteWelcome aboard, Susan! Glad to have you hanging out here. How do you take your tea? ;)
Delete